In an effort to maintain my sanity I have to resurrect my sense of humor…so I sat there contemplating what exactly my silver linings were…in no particular order~~~
- My new crippled up state is a source of amusement for boy # 2…he has a 1 foot advantage over me…he gets to exercise his superhero powers by reaching for things I can’t get to. I am the mother of a Superboy.
- I don’t have to take 20 things out of my closet to find the perfect outfit; I get to live in my pj’s.
- No makeup means I am conserving water…by not washing my face.
- I am also doing my part to preserve the ozone layer, since I don’t fix my hair.
- Dieting…it’s a non issue now…nobody takes a second look at a hunched over crippled.
- Diminished vision…everyone looks beautiful, it’s like living with beer goggles.
- Lack of stamina…I get away with doing nothing…I just don’t have the energy…so I don’t even have to use the “I have a headache” line.
- Excellent customer service ~ sure it comes with looks of pity…but I’ll take it.
I could go on and on…but these are just a few of the silver linings I’ve found…